Thursday, December 27, 2012

Chanel Rouge Coco Shine in Deauville

Oh My Gourd!!   I think I will actually finish something!  I literally can not pinpoint the last time I've finished a non skincare product.

Look into the inside of this lipstick case:
This hasn't happened to me since I were a makeup newbie.  (Rescue Beauty Lounge Coral on nails)
There is only about a 1/4 inch of lipstick left of my Rouge Coco Shine in Deauville.  Sure, there are more famous colors in this range of sheer balmy Chanel lipsticks like Boy, but this one is the sleeper.  It doesn't take much effort or deep contemplation when putting this color on because it is so insanely plain and easy to wear.  I keep this in my makeup bag and if I don't feel like reapplying whatever high-maintenance lipstick from earlier in the day, I often reach for Deauville.
Reviews abound all over regarding Chanel Rouge Coco Shine and I think there are some mixed ones out there.  In my experience, they feel lovely going on, but the "Shine" part of the name is a misnomer.  The finish is a pretty slightly shiny finish, but nothing glossy or uber-shiny.  Also, though it feels balmy going on, I don't feel any moisturizing effects.

This lipstick looks pretty stumpy and pathetic, but only goes to show how well used it is!

It's a brown based pink that applies very sheerly.  It is so sheer that your natural lipcolor will play a big role in how this particular color will appear on your lips.  It's not a particularly girl or pretty color.  I would even say it's pretty boring.  But for something spectacularly sedate and polished, this is a great choice.
Swatched heavily on the left; one swipe on right
In indirect natural light
Some days, do you roll out of bed and slap on something easy?  The real question is, do I buy another one to replace this once it's done?  Probably not.  I still have 49 more lipsticks to use up.

5 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. I may have to eat it, but I'm going to finish this!

      Delete
    2. LOL!!!! Once you decide to finish it becomes pretty easy to do-- as long as you have it somewhere convenient so that you are forced to reach for it! I need to get through some of my lip products-- because I have way more than one person could use in a lifetime!

      Delete
  2. This is SUCH a good feeling. I love hitting pan too. I can only remember doing it on RBR Solstice Halcyon and a Bobbi Brown Bone eyeshadow in living memory though :S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't imagine finishing an eyeshadow!! O.O I do have a dip the Solstice Halcyon, too, but I don't think I will see pan in a long long time.

      Delete

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...