Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Guerlain Ecrin 4 Couleurs Les Bois de Rose

I've read people discovering or shopping their own stash.  This morning, I was rummaging through my eye shadow palettes and decided to pull out Guerlain's Les Bois de Rose.  A while back, I had a bit of a love affair with Guerlain palettes.  Les Bois de Rose was a purchase at an airport duty free shop.  Something about the impending flight departure, the hope of favorable exchange rates and interesting travel exclusives makes me want to fling out my credit card at unsuspecting sales associates.

The kindly associate asked me if I was looking for an eyeshadow as she observed me fondling the Ecrin 4 and 6 palettes.  She suggested that I try this one, that this is her best seller.  Pink eye shadows as a best seller?  That seems counter intuitive to me since interweb wisdom is that pinky colors near your eyes cause a deathly effect called "rabbit eyes."

Attractive packaging, non?




Shiny opalescent textures, non?

 The pink eyes, non?  Moi, I did not experience any unattractive rabbity eyes.



Obviously the shades are warm, but the colors are very wearable.  The pearl colored highlight shade is slightly pink and approaching frosty.  This color goes on slightly patchy.


The rose pink is warm with delicate shimmer and medium pigmentation.  The taupe is mauve tinted and coordinates beautiful with the rest of the shades.  It is delicately pearly and beautiful to blend.  The dark shade is a great liner shade with brown burgundy tones.  Apart from the pearl shade, the balance of the colors are nicely pigmented and smooth.

The taupe is very special.  I forget what individual beautiful colors I own as they sit inside palettes and I am truly out of sight out of mind kind of a person.  I will need to work on using some colors individually more often.

But if you are creatively challenged as I usually am, these colors work beautifully together.




I put on this forgotten palette today and loved how it lasted all day.  Today I applied the pearl shade all over the lid very lightly.  Then I applied the mauve taupe on the outer half of my lid and into a slight v into my inner corner.  I applied the rose pink in the lower middle of my lid and the dark burgundy brown as a liner shade on the upper and lower lash lines.  It was nice professional look with a lot of polish.

Ugh.  I forget nice stuff I own.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think! What say you?

Feel free to link to your own or other blogs posts that are relevant to our discussion here. That is always encouraged. I love finding new great blogs to read! Relevant is the key word here! I reserve right to delete!

But for all our sake, no promotions or referrals to your blogsales, swaps, contests and the like.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...